Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 3 - DLP 2015

The Week 4 prompt came up on Saturday and I had yet to finish the one from Week 3. The prompt was "The Color Wheel" and the journal prompt was a quote from Georgia O'Keefe. You would think that being someone who likes lots of vibrant colors that this one would be super easy for me. I was stumped! I think my problem was that I was looking at everyone else's posts all week and then could not come up with my original idea. However, being the science geek that I am, I kept thinking "ROYGBIV". You know - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet? As a university student that spectrum was burned into my brain. So finally, last night I gave it a whirl. I started by using black gesso for my background. Then I decided I would literally put the spectrum down with my acrylic paints. I smeared each color on with my fingers as I didn't want them to be perfect lines. I then used some letter stamps to put the quote down. The next step was to put glitter paste around the edges. I was happy with the lettering (and numbering of the days of the week) and walked away thinking I was done. This morning I was looking at it and all the clean black just seemed TOO clean. I took out my acrylics again and edged a cap with the different colors and randomly put circles down. NOW I am happy with it. I will put what happened on the days of the week a bit later. So here is my 2-page spread for Week 3:

No comments:

Post a Comment