Monday, June 2, 2014

A Bit of Canadiana

In late April my grandmother passed away. We all made plans to get to New Brunswick to her hometown, Caraquet. My brother, my dad and I drove the 12 hours from Montreal to get there (after they flew up from Florida). As we were driving on the long stretch across New Brunswick, I saw a big maple leaf and started excitedly saying, "we need to turn back and take some pictures at that maple leaf!". We stopped just after it to have a bio break and get some food and drinks at Tim Horton's. Dad and Jay agreed that it might be fun to take those pics, so we made a quick stop. This layout is of those pictures:
I just got my hands on the new Bo Bunny papers from Lemonade Stand and found these papers that I thought would be perfect as the background to my pictures. I also used the Go Canada! cartridge from Cricut to cut out the titles (which I outlined in white and black pens). Now, keep in mind that these pictures were in late April - do you see the snow in the background?! Crazy! It was quite cold, but I refused to take the pictures in my coat (I know, I am a bit stubborn about the cold). Anyways, these were so much fun to take.

Now for some details about the layout: the left side is based on a Midweek Mojo at Scrapbook Steals (Daisy #6). Because of the number of pictures I had, I adjusted it to be a double layout. The space above the title for New Brunswick will eventually get some journaling on it, but this layout is pretty much done, otherwise.

I love the simplicity of this and love how Canadian it is. I am proud that I am Canadian and am still thrilled I spotted that maple leaf as we were driving by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment