Saturday, April 12, 2014

3 is My Number...

So, it seems that Fridays I often get things done in 3's. Last night I finished 3 layouts (and all 3 are for challenges).

Here is the first one (for The Paper Girls Challenge blog). Now, let me start by saying that I have had these Fern & Forest papers from My Little Yellow Bicycle for some time and have been waiting for the perfect fit. the soft greens and pinks are really sweet. I had the prefect pictures of the girls in their princess dresses and they matched the colors perfectly. Because I wanted a softer effect, I fussy cut all the pictures for the layout so that there were no distracting colors. I cut off the bottom piece of the green base, used another paper from the line and then put the bottom piece back on so that I didn't lose any of the details of the swirls and flowers. As luck would have it, my oldest refers to her green dress as her Tinkerbell dress. When I flipped over one of the papers, there was a Tinkerbell quote! That definitely had to go on the page. Then some random rhinestones were added and this is the finished product:
I LOVE this layout. It just makes me smile because my oldest loves being dressed as a fairy princess (just look at the smile in the middle picture). She makes my heart ache, she is just so sweet.

My next layout was done using sketch Rose #9 for Scrapbook Steals. These are pictures from last summer during the time I had off with the girls just before starting my new job (which was a great change for me). We were making forts with cardboard boxes and blankets. I remember having so much fun that day. Because the girls and the background had so many different colors on them, I had the pictures printed in B&W, so that I would have an easier time choosing papers to scrap with. I once again ended up using the Authentique Gathering papers (I am really loving those lately). I then added some flocked chipboard letters from Lush. These pictures just show how happy my girls are just being with each other:
Oh I am such a proud Momma - these 2 girls are definitely the loves of my life!

And the last layout is for sketch Rose #8 from Scrapbook Steals. I am actually a bit sad that I am late with it because it was a sketch done by a friend I have made through Facebook and our mutual love of all things crafty (Kristina Corzatt MacKeen). I decided I wanted to do a layout of my impish little girl. In these pictures she is very proud of herself for climbing up on the chair in front of the computer (because she stole that spot from her daddy ~ lol). As frustrating as her strong character can be, I love her for it. She keeps us on our toes, that's for sure! That look just says "Trouble!". I used strips of paper from Authentique's Gathering, Crate Paper's Pink Plum Collection (peach) and Scrap Within Reach's Emerson Collection. I then added some lace trim that I bought at Wal-Mart a few years ago. Then Thickers...doesn"t everyone just love Thickers? Using a black background just makes the colors pop and I love the stark contrast:
I am now thinking about doing some sort of spring/summer decorations (today is actually nice out!). I bought a couple of vibrant patterns last night to make either a banner or an accordion-style decoration for a shelf...we'll see where I go with it...

1 comment:

  1. love those LYB papers!!! I've used them myself.
    Thanks for linking up with the Paper Girls

    ReplyDelete