Saturday, March 15, 2014

This week's Projects

Two nights ago I decided I wanted to work on some Mojo sketches from Scrapbook Steals. I did a double layout using Rose #1 and Rose #4:
Here is the list of products I used:
  • Patterned papers: Doodlebug Design Inc (the blue and green striped sheets), Moxxie ("costume change" - background papers), Fresh Print (plum stripes), Paper Pizazz (the purple sponge finish) and another one from my stash that I couldn't identify
  • Tag: My Mind's Eye (So Sophie)
  • Alphabet stickers: My Little Shoebox (mini alphas in mermaid), Making Memories (tiny alphas in pink ledger), AC Thickers (glitter foam in Lullaby)
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (black soot)
All that is left on this layout is to add the date.

Here is a layout I did tonight based on Rose #5:
 This one was fun to do because I used one kit, so literally all the pieces on this came from Authentique (Gathering). I must admit that I normally am not a fan of their papers because I find the colors too muted and subtle, but this kit was one that I got in a swap and they are definitely colors I like to work with. I am really happy with the end result (especially with the fussy cut flowers from one of the sheets). Orange is such a happy color and the light aqua off-sets it quite nicely.

Then I moved on to making 2 birthday cards tonight. They are very simple (again, I struggle with cards). I am happy with how they look. They will be added to the stash at work for colleagues' birthdays:
I started with a more masculine card because those tend to be the hardest for me. I used papers in my stash (no idea of what lines I used) and then used the sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up and a tree stamp at Scrapbook Centrale. Inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and voilĂ ! Next I did a more feminine card and again, did not know what papers I was using. This one was easier for me to put together because I loved the colors:
I added a chipboard flower and doodled around the edges of it with a black pen. The edges of the papers were stippled with paint. Easy to put together, but still pretty.

And now it is time to go to bed...phew! That was a lot of creativity in a short period! Just wait until I post the canvases I started working on tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment