Saturday, March 29, 2014

Friday Night Layouts

Remember the double layout that I posted last time for the Midweek Mojo Rose #6? I was the random winner this week for posting it! I am excited to see what goodies come my way from Scrapbook Steals.

Went out scrapping last night and managed to get 3 layouts done (amongst all the laughing and joking around - saw some old friends I hadn't seen in a while as well as my regular crew). It was a fun night and these are the fruits of my labor:
I basically went out with a bag of stuff and decided that I was going to find a way to use what I had with me. There was no plan - did not know which pics I would use or what color schemes. All I had were 2 sketches for this week's Midweek Mojo (Rose #7). So, I found a set of 3 pictures that needed to be scrapped together and just looked through the stash I brought. I ended up using a thick cardstock that had glitter dots all over it for the background. Then I layered a patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket (Social Club - Manhattan) and a sheet with a material texture on it (I don't know what company made it - there were no labels). The stripes were kind of cute. Once I put those together, I matted the pictures with black cardstock and stuck them all in place. I had a pack of gemstones from a local Dollarama and found some other scraps for the circles up top and the journaling down below. The Thickers for the title are Roller Rink glitter letters. VoilĂ ! Page #1 done!

The next one was also from the Midweek Mojo this week:
Again, I went through the things I had brought with me and this is what I ended up with (I think it's really cute!). My youngest daughter loves playing with hair bands. She loves to put multiple bands on her head and run around OR she only puts one on - across her eyes! She is definitely one to walk to her own beat. Oh boy...Anywho, the papers used were s.e.i's Jocelyn (background stripes), Bo Bunny's Crazy Love and another material sheet I had that said "girl time". The Thickers were Basics glitter foam letters in leaf and the star was from The Girls' Paperie (vintage whimsy). It came together pretty quickly and I love how fun it is.

My last one was not based on any sketches. It is a picture of my oldest daughter from about 2 years ago at an all-day crop. She LOVES my friend, Karin, and always gets excited when she knows she is going to see her. This is a picture I have been wanting to scrap for a while, but I just never seemed to have papers that seemed to be right. Last night I finally found the right mix: Authentique's Gathering:
These papers just seemed perfect and allow the picture to be the focus. Look at those smiles! Erica likes to play Hide 'n Seek with Karin (whom she called "Ka-yin" at the time) and always went for walks together after lunch. I'm glad I took this picture because it shows their close bond :)

And that was my Friday night. Anyone else have any fun projects they are working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment