Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mixed Media ATCs

I am once again part of an ATC swap. For the month of February the theme was "Alice in Wonderland". This made me think of the Cheshire cat and his big, bright smile. This led me to thinking about bright, almost disturbing images...and that's where I went...
I started out with a page from the Glam Gal stack from DCWV as my background (I love the teal color). I then used a black marker and the stencil Edith & Maude from The Crafters Workshop. Once the silhouettes were done (and notice I did them all off center and slightly different from each other), I added some color with my Gelly Roll pens. I then flicked some spattered gesso onto them. The last step was adding Liquitex Opaque Flakes for some texture and...VoilĂ ! I am done! I am going to have to use those stencils more often. I really enjoyed using them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment