Saturday, September 7, 2013

New Stencils!

I got some new stencils (StencilGirl's 9x12 Jump for Joy) Thursday night and was itching to use them. I used the first set to do 2 projects. On the first one I decided I was going to use Silks as a background (I forgot to take the initial picture - DOH!) on an 8x10 canvas and then trace the stencils onto it. Then I covered the canvas with black gesso to allow the Silks to be the colors in the stenciled images:
Then I took my Gelly Roll pens to outline everything. The colors came up from under the gesso and kept with the hues of the rest of the pictures. I also freehanded the outlines of both girls. I like the zig zag feel that adds to the "movement". Here is the final version of the canvas:
My next project was in a mini art journal for my daughter. I am going to use it to chronicle all the cute things she says and does over the years. I'll give it to her when she is somewhere around 16 or 18. I started by spraying the pages with Dylusions spray inks and using the last part of the stencil and red glitter paste:
I then added Silks to add some sheen. The sentiment and outline were done with a white pen:
Then I wrote the story I wanted to put down about my daughter and her first time jumping. I used a black craft marker and then doodled around the edges of the pages to make it feel finished. I love the end result:
I am pleased with the first entry in that journal and can't wait to do more! I have so many cute exchanges already planned to add...

No comments:

Post a Comment