Saturday, August 10, 2013

Productive Day!

Today I went to my first all-day crop at Scrapbook Centrale since November 2011 (near the end of my second pregnancy). It is the first time since then that I went to a full all-day crop all alone! Since having Alexis, I always go to the crop in Kahnawake where I bring Erica with me for the first half of the day and then rush through the rest of the day trying to get as much done as possible. It seems I am used to the "focus and plow through" mentality because halfway through the day I had finished doing 12 pages for my 8x8 album of the pregnancy and family pics from Nov/Dec 2011 and Jan 2012! Here they all are:








And then I decided to focus on doing some art journaling. I got 2 pages done:

Once again I played with my Dylusions ink sprays (London Blue, Dirty Martini, Cut Grass and White Linen). I also tried a new product at the store: Viva's glitter paste (what I used to do the rocks). Absolutely gorgeous! I think I am gonna need some more colors. I also used a cute little stamp I just recently got (for a steal because it was in the clearance section of the store). The star was done with a new stencil and then I outlined it with Liquid Pearls. The edges of the page were outlined with a white pen. So much fun!

Then I did this one because I have been itching to use some Stampotique stamps I ordered recently (Smumanha and Smushasha). Welcome to my "ugly" mermaids:


I decided to play with my Faber-Castell Gelatos again (the blue set and the tropical set). I then used the silver modeling cream and coral stencil as well as some stamps (Stampotique - colored with Dylusions ink sprays - and some alphas found at the store for customer use). I did all the bubbles freehand with my white pen and then dotted the edges of the page with Liquid Pearls. Voila!

I am thrilled I got so much done. I worked on 2 canvases last night that need some finishing touches, but they will be posted soon enough (they are going to be hung in my office at work because I have a lot of blank wall space and it needs a dose of "Michelle").

I am bushed...Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment