Saturday, August 31, 2013

If You've Got It, Flaunt It

The other night, I went to my 3rd art journal class. We were working with Silks (and as our instructor, Gisele, says ~ they are yummy!). They go on very smooth when painting them onto a page and they even feel like silk when dry. I did a page I am not too crazy about, but then quickly did 2 background pages to use later on. Here is one of the background pages I did:
I love the warm colors. I used 3 different colors (coral berry, ginger peach and yellow rose) and kept blending and layering until I was happy with the finished look.

Tonight I decided this was the page I wanted to work with. I have a mini flame stencil from TCW. I decided that I would trace the flame pattern and then color around the flames with black gesso. I LOVE how it came out! I then took a stamp I had bought quite some time ago and colored it in with Dylusions ink sprays and acrylic paint and stuck the image on the page. I finished it off with some letter stickers to say, "If you've got it, flaunt it". I love, love, LOVE the finished page in my art journal. 


I think I will have to do a canvas where I play with color and pattern and then cover it with black paint or gesso to allow the colors to be the bits in whatever picture I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment