Saturday, July 13, 2013

Having Fun

While working on the canvas, I was also working on this page (the other had to dry, so no idle hands for this lady!). I wanted to use that cobblestone stencil again, but this time with molding paste. I love the texture it gave. I then decided to spray it with Squeezed Orange and Lemon Zest from the Dylusions Ink Sprays. I like how they mixed. I then dried them before moving on to the top colors. I used Bubblegum Pink, Funky Fuchsia and Crushed Grape. LOVE the bright happy colors on this page! I have a stencil of words that are all attached and I tried using the water spray technique to bring them out, but it was too subtle (the words are too intricate), so I use the White Linen spray. This is what all of that ended up giving me:

Being a girl who loves bright colors, this just makes me smile. However, I needed to make some of the elements "pop". So I decided that the cobblestones should be outlined with my Viva Gloss-gel pen (in Graphite). I then also outlined a couple of the words that I misted with my white pen (I didn't want all of them because I wanted the shadow effect too). Here is what that step led to:


I have another stamp from Stampotique (Supergirl) that I have wanted to use for something and thought I would use her in this. She finished off the page and this is what it looks like now:


I still feel like it is not completely finished. I think it needs some stamping (maybe some butterflies or something like that to fill in some of the "white" space. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment