Thursday, October 4, 2012

Coral #3a & 3b

This week's mojo at Scrapbook Steals had 2 sketches. I have combined them to do a double layout. As you can see, I adapted it to fill in the paper spaces with pictures. I used a total of 12 pictures (which is awesome because they really do belong together and not strewn throughout several pages). I am really pleased with how this turned out:


I do plan to add an embellishment on the far bottom left in the "white space". The papers I used were from the Desert Blooms first edition paper pad. The soft peachy/coral color went well with the orange that seemed to dominate the clothing choices that day (I swear it was not planned). And the more muted grey/brown of the background papers lends to the "outdoorsy" feel. The buttons are from AC and Doodlebug, the Thickers are Amy Tangerine and the ribbon is something from my stash. It all came together so easily!

Here are some pages I did last Friday:





















These were a lot of fun to put together as well. The page that says "Nature Gal" has some of my favorite pictures of Erica (especially that bottom right action shot). She is just a fun girl with such a good heart!

The rest of the pictures are of family that were together on that day (my hubby, sister-in-law, niece, nephew and my 2 girls...I'm the one you see as only a torso in the aqua shirt behind my youngest...such is the life of the scrapbooking mom who is usually taking all the pictures). I kept these 2 pages very simple because the pictures were enough to make beautiful pages. The brown sparkly flourishes are from Making Memories.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful layouts...I love the story they tell of your family. I particularly like the lace trim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the enormous amount of photos you were able to add!

    ReplyDelete