Saturday, September 15, 2012

Go Big!

The Paper Girls Challenge Blog put up a challenge called "Go Big" which was about scrapping any picture sized at 5x7 or more. I chose to look through some of the 8x10 pictures from my wedding nearly 5 years ago (will I ever get that album done?). I used several different papers from different companies and like how it all came together:


The background paper was Quick Quotes paper (cherry truffle). I then used some American Crafts POW! glitter paper in caramel to outline the top and bottom of the picture. The 2 sayings were from Bo Bunny's Apple Cider line and Simple Stories Documented line. They all worked so cohesively that I am extremely pleased with the final result. The title was done using Making Memories glitter alphas in red. This picture is a personal favorite of mine because it captured my husband kissing my forehead which is pretty much something he does on a daily basis. I love it!

I continued being productive tonight as I got 2 more layouts done. They are both from Labor Day weekend. The first one is of Erica learning to roll down a hill (which she absolutely loved doing which you can tell by her expression). I used Moxxie paper (Easter green/orange) for the background, Thickers for the title and Bo Bunny Hello Sunshine for the journaling corner. The other layout is with the bench and butterfly wings again, but this time with me in the pictures with Erica (I am so rarely in pictures because I am the one usually taking them). I used the DCWV Glam Gal stack again so that I could pair this page with the previous one I did (see here).



I also worked on my ATCs tonight (8 of the 16 are done). I will post a picture as soon as they are all completed. Time to get some sleep as it was a BUSY day today (did I mention that the grand opening of Michaels in our area was today? I stood in line for an hour with Alexis to get some stuff...phew!).

2 comments:

  1. Your entry for the Go Big challenge is awesome! I love that photo and the way you put the title on the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these but especially the first. And just so you know I've been married 13 years and still haven't scrapped a single page. : / Thanks for entering this at The Paper Girls Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete