Saturday, April 28, 2012

Reaching Amethyst Status

I went out to my weekly Friday night crop and managed to do the last 3 layouts required for me to reach my Amethyst status at Scrapbook Steals. I started off with #10 and it came together quite easily for me. I had 2 pictures instead of 1, but you can still see how my layout was inspired from the sketch. The paper (Kaisercraft) was something I have had in my stash for quite some time and I was happy to use it. I love the pictures because there is nothing more peaceful than a sleeping baby :)
Next I did sketch #8. The sketch had hexagons on it, but I am quite partial to squares. I was excited because I got to use more of my papers and embellishments from the Bo Bunny Alora collection. I love the whimsical feel which is great for my little ones and it's not too girlie. This picture shows exactly how my eldest loves the baby :)
Lastly, I did sketch #4. Those are the eggs I filled for the egg hunt for my daughter, nephew and niece. The basket was the one for my daughter (my nephew's had Spiderman stuff in it and my niece's had board books and things more appropriate for her at 14 months). The page was done with scraps that I had and I like the mix of colors. However, I am struggling to find a clever title to add, so that is all that is missing. I hope to get hit with inspiration at a later time...
I am glad to be done with all 10 sketches...with 8 of them being done tonight and last Friday. I am definitely a procrastinator!

No comments:

Post a Comment