Monday, April 16, 2012

Embossing and ATCs

I am new to the heat embossing world, but am looking forward to using the technique more and more. My first "splash" in that world was making spring ATCs (artist trading cards) for a swap I am involved in. The only rule is that the cards must be 2.5" x 3.5". After that, the design and techniques you want to use are all up to you. It's really neat to see the diversity in a group of women given just a simple theme to run with. I was a part of one for fall and one for winter and am still in awe of what some people can create on such a small area. This time round we are 28 participants, I believe. Spring as a theme was much harder for me than the last 2. I made the same design, but in 6 different colors. I used a mask and then stamped with Versamark ink all around it to emboss the negative of the image. Someone made a comment about it seeming like something "Taj"-like. I wasn't sure if I was happy with the end result of my embossing, but have to remember that I am still learning. Next time I will do a simple stamp as I think that would be cleaner.

Without further ado, here is what they look like:
The cardstock is Bazzill Limeade (one of my all-time favorite colors) and the embossing powders are ZING, which give such great colors. I got them from Scrapbook Steals in case you were wondering ;)

4 comments:

  1. This picture just doesn't do these justice! I got them last week and they are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun embossing! I love the pattern- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these (as I told you last time I got a sneak peak!) can't wait to get one. Thanks for entering at the Papers Girls Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great. Thanks for entering them at The Paper Girls Challenge!

    ReplyDelete