Thursday, January 12, 2012

Winter Backdrop

Is it just me or do winter pics and layouts just automatically bring out smiles? I did 2 layouts in the last 2 days (not bad with a 2 week-old keeping me busy and quite frankly, a bit tired). The papers I used came from a collection of 180 Christmas papers from Recollections that my mom brought me when she came to help take care of the baby these last 2 weeks. I was really happy to use them on both of these layouts.



Both of these were taken during the holidays before my newest daughter decided to join the world. As you can see, my 3 year-old is a happy girl and having a new baby around has brought out even more smiles! But I digress...

The papers on these layouts were fun to use and really easy to put together. Once they were compiled for each page, I really didn't feel the need for lots of embellishing as the patterns themselves already lent to some great "whimsy" already. Sometimes simplicity is the best thing (although the first page has a chipboard snowflake from a mini album, covered in white cardstock and outlined with "holly" Stickles for some bling). These are actually part of a challenge I am attempting this year ~ 52 Sketches in 52 Weeks (I have all the sketches on hand to get them started, but inevitably adjust them to my taste and pictures). Here's to hoping I keep things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment