Well now, I was nominated by Denise over at Mamarazzi Scraps and am happy I got mentioned as one of her 10 blogs to check out (I am honored!). So, thank you, Denise :)
This is something new to me. I had never heard of this award and now that I know about it, I am glad I have heard about it. Basically, it is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2. Answer the 10 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 10 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
6. Let them know you have mentioned them.
Well now, what can I tell you about me? Here goes nothing:
1. Most people know that I played basketball for MANY years (I am 5'10"), but most people would never guess that my first sport was figure skating. I did it for 5 years, until I realized that my height was not advantageous!
2. I once won a dance contest in Korea at a night club.
3. I have been to the Great Wall of China twice within a year and a half.
4. I LOVE to read and buy purses based on whether or not they can fit a hardcover - lol.
5. If I could live in pajama pants and racerback tops, I would.
6. I was scrapbooking even before it was the thing to do (you should see my albums from the 3 years I lived in Korea).
7. I love music and am always humming or singing something.
8. I am super close to my younger brother and can honestly say we tell each other EVERYTHING.
9. I grew up as a tomboy, but am secretly happy that having the husband I have allows me to be girlie once in a while.
10. Nothing is sweeter to my ears than the giggles of my 2 girls when they are playing together!
Now, the questions from Denise:
1. Do you consider scrapping a hobby for yourself, something you do for your family or a combination of the two? Please explain - I consider it a hobby for myself that also is something my family benefits from. By writing down all the stories, my girls will have all these memories when my husband and I are long gone. They will know that they grew up with a lot of love around them.
2. What style is your home decorated in? I like clean lines, so a lot of angles, but warm colors. I have always been told my spaces are comfortable and "homey".
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides scrapbooking? If so, what? I have been dabbling in mixed media for almost a year now. I also love to read, so books are constantly passing through my hands.
4. What is your favorite ink? Hmm, it has to be "Vintage Photo" distress ink by Tim Holtz. I love inking edges of things.
5. If you had to choose one color to see for the rest of your life (furniture, clothing, roads, cars, flowers, grass, buildings, all 'stuff' would be that color) what color would you choose? That's a really tough one because on any given day, that can change. I love bright, bold colors (I tend to gravitate to Bo Bunny papers when scrapping). Pastels and neutrals are not really my thing...if I had to choose one color, I guess it would have to be a bright aquamarine.
6. What is one tool you'd never give up? My Cricut!
7. Are you a girly girl or a tomboy? TOMBOY!!!
8. Do you have a go to clothing item or pattern for yourself or your children (overalls, plaid, polka dots, etc)? I love anything with a v-neck because I have broad shoulders (round necklines are not as nice on my and make me look broader).
9. Do you have any allergies (pet, food, environmental)? Cats and rodents.
10. If you have children, what type of parenting style would you say you have? I am a mother who tries to balance being the authoritative figure with also being fun and allowing my kids to try things on their own. They know the rules, but also know they are allowed to expand their horizons. So far, so good!
So here are some blogs to check out:
4. Pieces of Me
8. Wonky Wares
And here are my 10 questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. If you could live anywhere else other than where you are now, where would it be?
3. What is your most prized possession?
4. What is your favorite song?
5. Where is the furthest you have traveled?
6. Are you married? How many years?
7. How would your friends describe you in one word?
8. Vanilla or chocolate?
9. What is your dream job?
10. If you had to do one cardio class every single day, what would it be?
Okay, that's it for me! I hope some of those questions were original. I am excited to see what kinds of answers they bring :)